Saturday, April 12, 2008

Color or Black and White?

I can't figure it out. I don't do much in the way of landscape photography (it just doesn't speak to me) but when I do I can't resist making the photos black and white. I don't understand what drives me toward black and white? Is it the time of year. Spring is here but really hasn't taken hold (it snowed just yesterday). Is it because the colors are so muted that black and white just seems to fit the bill?

I don't know what it is about black and white that attracts me?
BW tree

What is it about color that makes me loose interest. Is it the photos are boring to begin with, and black and white gives it the spice it needs?
The tree again

Black and white clouds, mountains just seem more majestic?
BW look at the great salt lake

Again the color just seems so bland. Maybe I just need to be able to go out and shoot when the light is good.


Maybe I am on a Black and White kick and this is just the favorite new flavor? Some people like plain vanilla, and plain isn't so bad sometimes!

No comments: